Maroochy 2025 Community Visioning
Phillip Daffara, Facilitator, Maroochy 2025 Community Visioning Taskforce, Maroochy Shire Council, October 2003 – July 2004
Co-facilitator for the Maroochy 2025 community visioning taskforce responsible for empowering this peak group to develop in collaboration with the Maroochy communities: a vision statement, guiding principles, and initiatives for the community’s preferred scenario.
· Co-Designed Community Visioning facilitation plan and
workshop session plans;
· Co-facilitate taskforce meetings/workshops;
· Project managed the Maroochy schools’ visioning
· Taskforce facilitation to develop alternative scenarios and
explore their impacts;
· Co-authored the Maroochy 2025 background issues paper;
· Drafted the M2025 Community Visioning Surveys No. 1, 2;
· Co-authored material for Project Newsletters and
participated in the branding of the project.
The M2025 visioning phase was conducted over a ten month period from October 2003 to July 2004. Phillip Daffara as a member of the project management team, delivered on time and on budget the most extensive and complex public participation project in Maroochy Shire Council’s history – being M2025 community visioning that involved over 3,840 local participants, with 40,309 public responses, and more than 32,514 hours of community engagement time; and achieved a post project satisfaction rate of 92% agreement from participants that the project had been worthwhile.